Welcome to the Penn Alumni Club of Southwest Florida
We take great pride in recently being recognized as the Best Small Club in Penn's Global Alumni Network. Our club's strategy is to:
1) Promote Penn reconnection among alumni with a regular schedule of social/educational events that appeal to a broad spectrum of club members.
2) Provide Penn camaraderie for all Penn alumni. Our club is unique in serving alumni from all Penn undergraduate and grad schools. Everyone is welcome: Penn doctors, dentists, lawyers, engineers, business people, educators and nurses. We even welcome "Snow Birds" spending the winter season in the paradise of Southwest Florida.
3) Deliver Penn alumni communications through our web site, our Penn Quaker Messenger, special mailings, our email distribution list and updates at group functions.
4) Proactively interact with secondary schools to ensure that Penn attracts Southwest Florida's most outstanding students.
5) Support Penn development efforts to help achieve University priorities especially endowed scholarships.
If you are interested in joining our club, please contact by email either Club President, Denise McNulty or Membership Director, Jodi Grosflam. We hope to see you at a Penn event in Southwest Florida soon! You are welcome to join the club or serve on the committees that support these events. And if you don't see the type of event that interests you, maybe you would like to organize it! We welcome your feedback.
We hope that you find something to your liking on this site, and look forward to toasting to Dear Old Penn at a future event with you.
Hurrah, hurrah Pennsylvania!
Hurrah for the Red and the Blue!
Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah, hurrah,
Hurrah for the Red and Blue!
Denise McNulty, GNU'87, GNC'99 President
Penn Alumni Club of Southwest Florida
First Wednesday Happy Hours - starting on Wednesday, December 7 and ending in May!
Central Bar at the Promenade
26811 S. Bay Drive #128
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Click on the date below to RSVP
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 - starting at 5:30 pm
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Phillies -Red Sox Baseball Picnic and Game
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Barbecue Picnic starting at 11:30 and Game at 1:05
Join us for Fun, Fellowship and Philly Phever!
Look for the Penn tables near Gate C!
To Reserve: email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "Phillies"
or Call Bob at 239-593-6061
Details of the event will be coming
Welcome Back Event - November 13, 2016
First of the month Happy Hour - Wednesday, December 7, 2016
First of the month Happy Hour - Wednesday, January 4, 2017
First of the month Happy Hour - Wednesday, February 1, 2017
First of the month Happy Hour - Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Friday, February 3, 2017
Annual Dinner Meeting with guest speaker Dean Villarruel, Dean of the Nursing School. Over fifty alumni attended this wonderful event.
Quail West Golf and Country Club
5950 Burnham Road
Naples, FL 34119
Mail to: Dr. Jodi Grosflam
Why Join Penn's Southwest Florida Alumni Club?
1. The Annual Dues are ONLY $40 pp ($50/ Penn couple), which allows us to provide mailings to you and to offset some of our scheduled event expenses. This $40 also allows you to be on our regular mailing list, our email list and to receive all of our announcements for the fiscal year. Life Members Dues are $500. Checks are made out to "Penn SWF Alumni Club".
2. To be part of a strong Penn Alumni presence in Southwest Florida(SWF) and reinforce our pride in the University. Penn, by the way, is currently ranked one of the top 4 schools in the country by US News and World Report.
3. To enjoy the camaraderie of fellow Penn Alumni. Our Club is unique in serving Alumni from all Penn Undergraduate and Grad Schools. Everyone is welcome-Penn Doctors, Dentists, Lawyers, Engineers, Business People, Educators and Nurses.
4. To keep informed on Penn initiatives and activities.
5. To partner with Penn Admissions to attract outstanding students to Penn.
6. To be part of a club that supports a special SWF Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund. The Fund enables outstanding students in our area to attend Penn with financial aid.
7. To participate in a full Calendar of social events that include:
* A season opening cocktail party at a member's home.
* Ben Franklin's Birthday Bash and Annual Meeting with a Penn speaker.
* An occasional golf outing to support our Endowed Scholarship Fund.
* Special Events that include speakers from the University. These leaders have included:Dr. Afaf Meleis, Dean of the School of Nursing; Dave Michanik, Penn Fencing Head Coach; Lee Stetson, Dean of Admissions; Steve Bilsky, Athletic Director; Hoopes Wampler, Associate Vice President of Alumni Relations; Dr. Andrew Porter, Dean GSE; Professor Scott Harrington; and Professor Dick Polman.
* A Skimmer Day with boat rides, picnic, music and fun for all ages.
*An annual Ivy League Alumni Club to share time with Ivy League grads.
*A networking event for Penn alums working in the area.
*A monthly First Wednesday luncheon meeting at the Naples Beach Hotel and golf resort at HB's to spend informal time with fellow alumni and at times a special speaker.