Frequently Asked Questions

[See also Penn Facts and Figures]

How do I get in touch with a Penn alumna/us?
If you're a registered member of QuakerNet, the Penn Alumni Online Community, you can search the alumni directory to find contact information.

How do I let Penn know that my address has changed?
You may update your record online, once you have joined QuakerNet. You may also call Alumni Records at (215) 898-2672, email them at record@ben.dev.upenn.edu, fax them at (215) 898-6864, or send a letter to them at Alumni Records, University of Pennsylvania, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.

How do I let Penn know that my name has changed?
This must be done through the Alumni Records Office. You may call them at (215) 898-8136, email them at record@ben.dev.upenn.edu, or send a letter to them at Alumni Records, University of Pennsylvania, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.

Does Penn have an alumni job network?
Please see our Career Services page for information about the Penn Alumni Career Network and other related services.

How can I find Penn alumni in my area?
Visit the Penn Alumni Regional Clubs list of regional club pages.

When is my next reunion?
Visit the Classes and Reunions website for reunion information specific to your class and for information about Alumni Weekend.

How can I submit an Alumni Note to the Gazette?
Via the Gazette website, by fax (215) 573-4812, or by mailing your note to The Pennsylvania Gazette, 3910 Chestnut Street, Third Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104.

I'm doing a family tree. Do you have information on my great-grandparent who went to Penn?
Records for deceased alumni are sent to University Archives. The email address for University Archives is uarc@pobox.upenn.edu.

May I use the Penn library system?
Many of the resources of the Penn Library are available for alumni use. See www.library.upenn.edu/access/alumni/alumni.html or call the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center's main phone number: (215) 898-7555. Application for courtesy borrowing should be made Monday through Friday to the Van Pelt Circulation Department. Call (215) 898-7566 for more information.

How do I get a Penn Alumni card?
Alumni of the University of Pennsylvania are entitled to a Penn Alumni Card. See Obtaining a PennCard - Alumni for more info.

Do I have access to Penn gyms? Where can I get more information about recreational facilities?
See the Penn Recreation website for more info.

How do I get my transcript?
Contact the registrar's office, either through their website or by calling (215) 898-7511. Transcripts can be ordered online.

How can I obtain another copy or duplicate of my diploma?
You can call the Secretary's Office at 215-898-7005 or go to their website for information at: www.upenn.edu/secretary.

Can I get another copy of my yearbook?
You can contact Poor Richard's Record at (215) 898-8720.

How does someone get an honorary degree?
Awards are coordinated by the Office of the Secretary. Nominations go through two committees (one is a faculty and student committee, the other is a trustee committee). Nominations should be in by January 1st of each year and the committee decides in February for the degrees to be handed out in 15 months. For more information please contact the Office of the Secretary at (215) 898-7005.